Many coconut milk suppliers are now interested in the nutritional value of coconut milk for the health of consumers. They always try to keep the essential nutrients from coconut milk.
The coconut milk suppliers said that:
Coconut milk is a high calorie food
This milk is also a good source of vitamins and minerals. According to the coconut milk suppliers provide a detailed nutrition table, a glass of coconut milk (240 grams) contains:
- Fat: 57 grams.
- Protein: 5 grams.
- Carbon hydrate: 13 grams.
- Fiber: 5 grams.
- Vitamin C: 11% RDI.
- Folate: 10% RDI.
- Iron: 22% RDI.
- Magnesium: 22% RDI.
- Kali: 18% RDI.
- Copper: 32% RDI.
- Manganese: 110% RDI.
- Selenium: 21% RDI.
In addition, some coconut milk suppliers believe that coconut milk contains special proteins that are beneficial for health. However, we still need to investigate this issue (2).
Conclusion: Coconut milk has a high calorie content and saturated fat is called medium chain triglyceride. It also contains many other nutrients.
Affects weight and metabolism
About half the fat in coconut is an average chain fatty acid called lauric acid.
Coconut milk also contains small amounts of other medium chain fatty acids such as capric and caprylic acids.
Unlike longer chain fat, MCT from the gastrointestinal tract goes straight to the liver, which in the liver is used to produce energy or ketones. It is therefore less likely to be stored as fat
Studies have also shown that MCT can help reduce appetite and calorie intake compared to other fats
In a small study, obese men consumed 20 grams of MCT oil at breakfast, resulting in less than 272 calories consumed at lunch, compared with those consuming corn oil
In addition, MCT in coconut can increase calorie consumption and fat burning, at least for a short time
Although there is no direct research on the effects of coconut milk on weight and metabolism, some studies have shown impressive effects on coconut oil and MCT.
Coconut milk also has the same effect, because it also contains similar fatty acids.
Conclusion: MCT in coconut milk can reduce appetite, boost metabolism and help reduce abdominal fat.
Effects on cholesterol and cardiovascular health
Because coconut milk is high in saturated fat, many people wonder whether it is good for the heart.
There are very few in-depth studies on coconut milk, but one study has shown that this type of milk is beneficial for people with moderate and high cholesterol.
An eight-week study of 60 men has shown that coconut milk can lower LDL cholesterol more harmful than soy milk porridge. Coconut milk also increased HDL cholesterol by 18%, compared with 3% for soybean porridge (14).
Most studies with coconut oil or copra also showed improvements in LDL, HDL and triglyceride levels
However, in some studies, both LDL and HDL cholesterol levels have increased as fat is absorbed from the coconut. The amount of triglyceride is lower than that of other fats
The results of two studies in two similar groups suggest that the response of cholesterol to lauric acid may be different depending on the individual as well as on the coconut content in the diet.
Conclusion: Generally cholesterol and triglycerides levels will be improved when we eat coconut. In some cases, both LDL and HDL cholesterol levels increase.
Other potential health benefits
Coconut milk also has the ability to:
Lower inflammation: Animal studies have shown that coconut and coconut extracts reduce inflammation and swelling in injured mice
Reduce ulcer size: In one study, coconut milk had a 54% reduction in gastric ulcer size in mice – effective equivalent to anti-ulcer medication
Antivirals and bacteria: MCTs in coconut, especially lauric acid, help reduce the levels of infections caused by viruses and bacteria, including bacteria in the oral cavity.
Here are some ways to add coconut milk to your diet
- Add half a cup of coconut milk to the fruit smoothie or protein shake.
- Add a small amount to berry or papaya slices.
- Add a few tablespoons of coconut milk to oatmeal or cooked cereal.
- Recipes with coconut milk
Here are some healthy recipes using coconut milk:
- Curry shrimp with coconut milk.
- Chicken Masala.
- Chicken, spinach and coconut with lemon.
- Green vegetable salad.
- Mousse coconut milk and chocolate.
How to choose the best coconut milk
- Carefully read the packaging: if possible, you should choose a product that contains only coconut and water. Avoid unidentified ingredients such as carrageenan.
- Choose BPA-free canned products: Buy coconut juice from companies that use non-BPA cans, such as Native Forest and Natural Value.
- Canned milk: Coconut milk containing no sweetener in carton boxes is usually less fat and calorie than canned products. Choose brands that do not contain carageenan, such as So Delicious and Silk.
- Take a low-fat diet: For a low-calorie diet, choose low-fat coconut milk. This type is thinner and contains about 125 calories in every 120 grams (35).
- Make coconut milk: If you want to use fresh coconut milk and good health, do it yourself with the following formula: coconut milk Homemade.
>> If you find your interest in high quality Coconut milk suppliers, you can read at http://betrimex.com.vn/en